Jewellery Designer

My photo
Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, Australia
Jewellery Designer / Master Jeweller. Designing Diamond Jewellery is one of my many passions in life. As an Award Winning Master Jeweller & founder of the Harrison Jewellery Company, I invite you to join me. As I feel inspired, I shall share with you my words, design concepts and diamond creations.

Sunday 3 June 2012

The Smoking Gun-PART 4


PART 4
There was rumbling and a gurgling.
It was so loud that at first I thought it was a truck going past the end of the street. Then I realised it was Gary's stomach.
We were rapidly reaching the point when the need for food would overwhelm our fears of personal Armageddon. Being on the run was one thing being on the run without any lunch was quite another.
Unfortunately though we were still terrified, and being holed up together in the dirt beside a smelly furnace was rapidly losing its appeal. Gary and I were just discussing the possibility that maybe dad had already forgotten the whole mower incident, not to mention who's bright idea it was in the first place, a fact in dispute because I could clearly remember was Gary's,  when a sudden unidentified scurrying in the dead leaves next to us nearly stopped both our little hearts and had us screaming back to our mums. We couldn't see it, we didn't know what it was, but it was moving near us and it was time to go.
my loyal dog Kelly and the famous back fence 
....Deciding to split up, I'd go sideways across our two backyards while Gary would make a death defying sprint down the side of his place, along our footpaths and up the side of my house and rendezvous on the big branch up the old nut tree. Depending of course if during his death defying Gary didn't change his mind and sprint up his own back steps instead.....
We went.
Gary disappeared in a red blur while I went over the back fence. Which to be honest was more like a jump, hang, scramble and up and over followed by a messy crash landing on the other side. 
By using the extensive military techniques gained by years of watching war movies on TV, I proceeded in a near stealthy fashion along the back fences, totally oblivious to the fact that my blue and white shirt stood out like missing keys on a piano until at last I found myself unscathed and climbing up our favourite refuse to find Gary, perched like a blue faced monkey waiting for my arrival and it was only about five minutes later that I learnt something that would change the way I thought about my father and the world for many years to come...


The Final Chapter (PART 5) in this backyard adventure "The Smoking Gun' will be posted in the next few days

No comments: