Jewellery Designer

My photo
Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, Australia
Jewellery Designer / Master Jeweller. Designing Diamond Jewellery is one of my many passions in life. As an Award Winning Master Jeweller & founder of the Harrison Jewellery Company, I invite you to join me. As I feel inspired, I shall share with you my words, design concepts and diamond creations.

Friday 18 May 2012

The Smoking Gun-PART 1


Part 1
I had a wonderful childhood.
Being under 10 in the late 1960’s was a joy beyond description. It was such a happy and uncomplicated time. To my young eyes the sky was tall and blue and the air seemed clean and fresh and smelled like cut grass. Magpies called and cackled to each other in the green trees and everywhere the sun shone down and kept us warm.

You could dress up like a cowboy and blaze away at people with your little silver six shooter with no frowning faces or offers of a good therapist.
The journey toward working with my hands began early, mainly because I couldn't keep them still. As a little kid I loved building plastic model aircraft, mainly to blow up in fiery air-crashes that occurred tragically and very frequently in our backyard. I was always fascinated with how things work and was constantly getting into varying degrees of trouble for pulling those same things apart.
Sadly, I wasnt really mechanically-minded though, except for the time when I was 9 when me, my cousin Gary and our little fox terrier called "Kelly" found ourselves all alone with my dad's shiny new Suffolk Punch Self Propelled Lawn Mower one cool Autumn morning when we pulled the head and any removable parts off it when he and my mother were out doing the grocery shopping.
That day our memories were a little hazy and we couldnt quite recall the fact that screws come off with a thing called a screwdriver and not pliers.  Also, that the removal of a carberetta and its housing  won’t go well for anyone using a hammer. Strangely though, it didn’t seem to matter much at the time seeing as how Gary and I were getting busy launching our engineering careers.


..... watch this space for Part 2


Don't miss out on the next blog post.
Get it Emailed directly to your inbox. 
SUBSCRIBE NOW

No comments: