Jewellery Designer

My photo
Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, Australia
Jewellery Designer / Master Jeweller. Designing Diamond Jewellery is one of my many passions in life. As an Award Winning Master Jeweller & founder of the Harrison Jewellery Company, I invite you to join me. As I feel inspired, I shall share with you my words, design concepts and diamond creations.

Tuesday 22 May 2012

The Smoking Gun-PART 2


Part Two    
I'm not exactly sure how we survived those first few moments, when dad drove up our driveway to find the three of us sitting there happily in our now greasy little flannelette shirts amid the tangled wreckage of his beloved and only recently working mower. 
But I do remember the strangled sob and his bulging bloodshot eyes glaring in total disbelief from behind the windshield of his white Ford Cortina. Signalling to all concerned that explanations would have to wait, because right then was the perfect time to drop tools and get the heck out of there. Which we did in three different directions and at high speed with the sound of my mum trying to offer some quick positive reasoning to my near psychotic father, which knowing him as I did was like trying to talk a hand grenade from exploding after pulling the pin.













I didn't hear the whole conversation going on between them, given the fact that at the time I was fairly absorbed with running around in noisy confused circles. I do however remember hearing dad say he was going to do something  that involved his bare hands at the exact moment that I reached our side fence.
Like an Olympic athlete and with my little legs blurring beneath me, I hurdled it in one terrified bound, hitting the ground on the other side on the run and with all the speed I could muster, headed diagonally up Gary's backyard and dived headfirst into the space between my uncle Alec's furnace and their back neighbours fence. Which I instantly discovered was crowded with another small petrified child in the shape of my cousin Gary looking owl eyed and disheveled and after yelling out together in shock and disentangling our arms and legs, we stretched out as flat as we could and like two panting little lizards squinted through some blades of grass expecting at any moment to see the Frankenstein like figure of my father coming to get us... 


Part Three coming soon
SUBSCRIBE NOW

No comments: